Tamil classic `Sendoora Poove` to have Telugu remake
Chennai: The 1988 Tamil classic ‘Sendoora Poove’ will be remade in Telugu with an all new cast, says producer Thandra Grihith, who has got the remake rights of the movie.
"We are yet to zero in on the director since we`re looking for someone who could do justice to the original. Meanwhile, we are on the verge of signing up an all new cast for the film. We hope to start shooting from December," Grihith said.
"We also intend to modify the original story to suit the sensibility of the current generation. I`m extremely thankful to the producers of the original for giving me permission to remake the film," he added.
‘Sendoora Poove’, which enjoyed a run of over 200 days at the box office, had Vijayakanth, Ramki and Nirosha in important roles. It was directed by PR Devaraj.
Thandra admits remakes are becoming a fad.
"Remake trend is fast catching up but it`s not always easy to make them. One needs to make them with lots of responsibility because lots of expectations ride on them. The respect for the original takes a beating when its remake turns out to be a dud," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- READ: Why Ranveer Singh is 'befikre' these days!
- See pic: 'Dilwale' Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol clicked by Rohit Shetty!
- Ghulam Ali shows in Maharashtra cancelled after Shiv Sena threat
- Shah Rukh Khan finds Kajol 'Stunning'
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi defends Ghulam Ali concert, calls the opposition "not justified"
- Never evaded Income Tax, says Vijay after searches
- Watch: Second trailer of Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ edgy, action-packed
- Kannada actor Shivarajkumar suffers minor heart attack, admitted to hospital
- Rajinikanth lauds makers of 'Puli'
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?