Tamil film industry fasts for Sri Lankan Tamils
Chennai: Members of Tamil film industry observed a day-long fast here Tuesday in support of the protests against alleged atrocities on Sri Lankan Tamils.
Members of Tamil Nadu Film Director`s Association (TANTIS), Film Employees` Federation of South India (FEFSI), Tamil Film Producers Council (TFPC), Federation of Small Screen Technicians (FESST), Tamil Nadu Small Screen Producers Association (TNSSPA) and Tamil Nadu Thiraipada Padalasiriargal Sangam (TNTPS) were part of this hunger strike.
"I, on behalf of the Tamil film industry, would like to thank Tamil Nadu state government for supporting us in this movement. Despite the result that will be arrived at the UN human rights body meet later this month, our struggle for this cause will continue," actor R. Sarath Kumar said, concluding the fast.
All the participants maintained a silent protest throughout the day.
Prominent directors Gautham Menon, S.J. Suryah, Ameer, Aslam, Shankar, K.V. Anand, Vijay, Linguswamy, Prabhu Solomon, Balaji Sakthivel, Kinslin and actors Jayam Ravi, Srikanth, Karunas, Rajkiran, Suhasini, Manobala, Ponvannan, and many others were part of the hunger strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Noted Marathi cinema thespian Shriram Gojamgunde dies at 71
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody