Tamil remake of `Maryada Ramanna` on floors soon
Chennai: The much awaited Tamil remake of Telugu blockbuster ‘Maryada Ramanna’, titled ‘Vallavanuku Pullum Aayudham’, was supposed to go on floors a few months back. But the cameras will start rolling for it in July.
"We were busy finalising few things all these days. The film is expected to go on floors from July, and we are planning to wrap it up in few schedules," the film`s director Srinath, told reporters.
"Currently, we are busy zeroing in on the leading lady, which we are likely to announce soon," added Srinath.
Tamil comedian-actor Santhanam will reprise the lead role of Sunil Varma. He was lauded for his performance in the original.
"Maryada Ramanna" has already been remade in Hindi as "Son of Sardaar", in Kannada as "Maryade Ramanna" and in Bengali as "Faande Poriya Boga Kaande Re".
"Vallavanuku Pullum Aayudham" will be produced by PVP Cinemas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught a lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani
- MS Dhoni goes gaga over Sushant Singh Rajput's performance in his biopic
- Market forces determine heroine's pay, not gender: Karthi Sivakumar
- Proud to have played a woman in 'Remo': Sivakarthikeyan
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside