Telugu actor Uday Kiran commits suicide
Hyderabad: Telugu actor Uday Kiran committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling inside his house here Sunday night, police said Monday. He was 33.
"On late Sunday night, Uday Kiran was found hanging from the ceiling in his flat in Srinagar colony. His wife Vishita and some neighbours rushed him to Jubilee Hills Apollo hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival," a police official told IANS.
Uday, who was born Jan 26, 1980, made his cinematic debut with Telugu romantic-drama "Chitram" in 2000. He went on to act in several successful films such as "Nuvvu Nenu" and "Manasantha Nuvve".
He had also worked in Tamil films such "Poi" and "Pen Singam".
In October last year, Uday married his long time friend Vishita. In 2003, He was engaged to Chiranjeevi`s daughter but the marriage was called off for unknown reasons.
His last film was Telugu actioner "Jai Sriram". He had also recently signed a project titled "Dhil Kabbadi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's a wrap for Ranveer Singh-Vaani Kapoor's 'Befikre'! Pic inside
- Bipasha Basu stuns in a dreamy, ethereal avatar! – See pic
- Get ready for Raftaar's rap 'Toh Dishoom' starring John Abraham-Varun Dhawan! - Watch
- Kareena Kapoor Khan wants to reschedule upcoming movie due to pregnancy?
- Here's how 'Sultan' Salman Khan brandishes a 'never give up' attitude! Watch video