Telugu film personalities call on Narendra Modi
Hyderabad: Eminent personalities from Telugu film industry Sunday called on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Actors, producers, directors and others met Modi at a hotel and discussed issues related to the film industry.
The meeting assumed significance in view of the apprehensions in the film industry following the central government`s decision to carve out a separate Telangana state.
A section of film industry fears the formation of separate state with Hyderabad as its capital may hit the film industry, which is dominated by artists from Andhra region.
Those who met Modi included popular actor N. Balakrishna, brother-in-law of Telugu Desam Party chief N. Chandrababu Naidu, veteran actor Mohan Babu, his actor sons Vishnu Manchu and Manoj Manchu and actress daughter Lakshmi Manchu.
Veteran actors Murali Mohan, Suman, Jagapati Babu, actress Gowtami, producers D. Rama Naidu, Suresh Babu, Raghvendra Rao, Dil Raju and music director Keeravani also met Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report: Opening day collections of Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre' are out!
- Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor's 'OK Jaanu' new poster is too cute to handle!
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film
- Aamir Khan to lock horns with Sanjay Dutt at Box Office next year