Translated real life friendship for `Settai`: Director
Chennai: Southern director R. Kannan says he translated the real life friendship of his lead actors to make the upcoming comedy ‘Settai’, a Tamil remake of Bollywood film ‘Delhi Belly’.
The movie features Arya, Santhanam, Premgi Amaren, Anjali, Hansika Motwani and Nassar in key roles.
"Arya, Santhanam and Premgi are good friends and close in real life. I had to translate their real life friendship on screen to make it look authentic in the film," Kannan said here.
He spoke Wednesday at the audio launch of ‘Settai’, which has music by S.S Thaman.
"It is a challenge to compose music for remake films. The most difficult part was that all songs in the film were ensured to be three and a half minutes long," said Thaman.
Kunal Roy Kapur and Abhinay Deo from the ‘Delhi Belly’ team were also present at the event besides the cast and crew of the Tamil film.
Speaking at the event, lyricist Madhan Karky said: "I wondered how `Delhi Belly` could be made in Tamil considering the obscene language and crude humour, but director Kannan has made it a wonderful family film."
‘Settai’, which is produced by Disney-UTV, will release in April 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mexico drops out of Miss Universe over Donald Trump tirade
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing