Two Tamil actresses drown
Chennai: Two actresses shooting for upcoming Tamil romantic-comedy ‘Naiyaandi’ in Tiruvarur drowned Friday while taking a bath in a pond, a source in the film unit said.
"Saraswathy, 24, Sukanya, 22, and Viji, 21, entered a pond to take a bath as there was no shooting. All three of them did not quite know how to swim. They were bathing in the pond at a point where the water was shallow. As they moved deeper into the water, they were trapped by plants in the pond," the source said.
"People passing by noticed Sukanya struggling, and rushed to save her. They managed to get her out alive. However, the other two had already drowned by then. Their bodies were drawn to the bank," the source said.
Police have sent the bodies for post-mortem examination.
Sukanya is under treatment at a local hospital.
Directed by Sarkunam, ‘Naiyaandi’ features Dhanush and Nazriya Nizam in the lead roles. The film unit has been shooting for the last one week in Edamelaiyur village, in Tiruvarur district.
Following the incident, Sarkunam returned to Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SS Rajamouli opens up about trailer launch of 'Baahubali: The Conclusion'
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Actress resumes work
- The Ghazi Attack: First week Box Office collections figures of Rana Daggubati starrer are out!
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Didn’t photograph more actors, says accused Sunil Kumar
- Vikram Vedha: R Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi's on screen face off is incredibly captivating – WATCH