Uday Kiran to be cremated on Tuesday
Hyderabad: Telugu actor Uday Kiran, who committed suicide here, will be cremated Tuesday. His body has been kept at the Andhra Pradesh Film Chamber of Commerce for the public to pay their last respects.
Uday, 33, hanged himself to death from the ceiling in his flat Sunday.
"Since this (Tuesday) morning Uday`s body has been kept at the AP Film Chamber of Commerce office. Later in the evening, his last rites will be performed at the Erragadda cremation grounds," C. Kalyan, president South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce, said.
Uday reportedly ended his life due to the depression of not getting roles in films.
Born on Jan 26, 1980, the actor made his cinematic debut with Telugu romantic-drama `Chitram` in 2000. He went on to act in several successful films such as `Nuvvu Nenu` and `Manasantha Nuvve`.
He had also worked in Tamil films such `Poi` and `Pen Singam`.
In October last year, Uday married his longtime friend Vishita. Before that, in 2003, he was engaged to Chiranjeevi`s daughter but the marriage was called off for unknown reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oscars 2017: Jimmy Kimmel cracks Trump jokes as 89th Academy Awards
- Oscar 2017: Indian-origin actor Dev Patel loses Best supporting actor award to Mahershala Ali
- Donald Trump competing with Oscars with White House governors' ball
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone sizzle at pre-Oscars 2017 parties
- Oscars 2017: WATCH- Red Carpet interview with Supporting Actor nominee Dev Patel
- SS Rajamouli opens up about trailer launch of 'Baahubali: The Conclusion'
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Actress resumes work
- The Ghazi Attack: First week Box Office collections figures of Rana Daggubati starrer are out!
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Didn’t photograph more actors, says accused Sunil Kumar
- Vikram Vedha: R Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi's on screen face off is incredibly captivating – WATCH