Veteran bengali actress Suchitra Sen undergoes surgery
Kolkata: Legendary actress Suchitra Sen underwent an operation on her left wrist joint which suffered a dislocation last night, but her condition was stable, doctors attending on her said today.
The 82-year-old actress was admitted to a private clinic in south Kolkata last night after she suffered a fracture on her left wrist joint after a fall at her residence, a source close to Suchitra Sen`s family told PTI.
"She underwent a surgery and her condition is stable," Dr Subrata Maitra said.
The actress was kept under observation at the ICU of the clinic.
The iconic Bengali actress is known for leading a reclusive life, shunning the limelight ever since she retired from the screen in 1978.
Sen, in her three decade long career, starred in many hit Bengali and Hindi films such as `Saptapadi`, `Harano Sur`, `Devdas`, `Aandhi` and `Mamta`.
She is the mother of Moon Moon Sen and grandmother to actresses Riya and Raima Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka Sharma praises Karan Johar, says he makes 'you look your best'
- Audiences should reject misogyny in movies, says Rahul Bose
- Bring forward your new avatar this Diwali
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' controversy: Farhan Akhtar calls MNS' Rs 5 crore demand a 'terrible precedent'
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Don 3' in the making?
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better