Veteran Telugu actress Shakuntala passes away
Hyderabad: Telugu cinema`s popular actress Telangana Shakuntala, who enthralled the audience essaying villainous and comedy roles during her career spanning more than three decades, died here today following a cardiac arrest.
The 63-year-old character artiste made her film debut in 1979 with Telugu movie "Maa Bhoomi" and went on to act in more than 70 films.
The movies she is best remembered for are "Osey Ramulamma", "Nuvvu Nene", "Gulabi", "Lakshmi" and "Okkadu"
Shakuntala was rushed from her Kompally residence here to a private hospital, where she was declared "brought dead," in the early hours. She is survived by two children.
At ease in both Telangana and Rayalaseema accents, the audience particularly liked her powerful dialogue delivery.
Born in Maharashtra, Shakuntala started her career as a stage artiste before foraying into the film industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- India’s Deepika Padukone makes it to 2016’s world`s highest-paid actress list
- Krishna Pushkaram concludes with 'Pavitra Harathi'
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'
- Karthi rocks tyrant look in 'Kaashmora' poster
- Rajinikanth lauds Tamil film 'Joker'