Veteran Telugu actress Shakuntala passes away
Hyderabad: Telugu cinema`s popular actress Telangana Shakuntala, who enthralled the audience essaying villainous and comedy roles during her career spanning more than three decades, died here today following a cardiac arrest.
The 63-year-old character artiste made her film debut in 1979 with Telugu movie "Maa Bhoomi" and went on to act in more than 70 films.
The movies she is best remembered for are "Osey Ramulamma", "Nuvvu Nene", "Gulabi", "Lakshmi" and "Okkadu"
Shakuntala was rushed from her Kompally residence here to a private hospital, where she was declared "brought dead," in the early hours. She is survived by two children.
At ease in both Telangana and Rayalaseema accents, the audience particularly liked her powerful dialogue delivery.
Born in Maharashtra, Shakuntala started her career as a stage artiste before foraying into the film industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preity Zinta-Gene Goodenough set to throw grand reception—Details inside!
- Interesting! Which Greek goddess were you in past life?
- 'Daddy's lil girl' Priyanka Chopra moved by a video clip shared by fan!
- Check out: Sexiest FHM covers featuring Bollywood hotties
- OMG! Malaika Arora Khan to be replaced on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' by THIS actress?
- Only ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth can do this – Know what it is
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written