Veteran Telugu actress Shakuntala passes away
Hyderabad: Telugu cinema`s popular actress Telangana Shakuntala, who enthralled the audience essaying villainous and comedy roles during her career spanning more than three decades, died here today following a cardiac arrest.
The 63-year-old character artiste made her film debut in 1979 with Telugu movie "Maa Bhoomi" and went on to act in more than 70 films.
The movies she is best remembered for are "Osey Ramulamma", "Nuvvu Nene", "Gulabi", "Lakshmi" and "Okkadu"
Shakuntala was rushed from her Kompally residence here to a private hospital, where she was declared "brought dead," in the early hours. She is survived by two children.
At ease in both Telangana and Rayalaseema accents, the audience particularly liked her powerful dialogue delivery.
Born in Maharashtra, Shakuntala started her career as a stage artiste before foraying into the film industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday
- Donald Trump was really rude: Miss Universe Alicia
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017