Veteran Telugu actress Shakuntala passes away
Hyderabad: Telugu cinema`s popular actress Telangana Shakuntala, who enthralled the audience essaying villainous and comedy roles during her career spanning more than three decades, died here today following a cardiac arrest.
The 63-year-old character artiste made her film debut in 1979 with Telugu movie "Maa Bhoomi" and went on to act in more than 70 films.
The movies she is best remembered for are "Osey Ramulamma", "Nuvvu Nene", "Gulabi", "Lakshmi" and "Okkadu"
Shakuntala was rushed from her Kompally residence here to a private hospital, where she was declared "brought dead," in the early hours. She is survived by two children.
At ease in both Telangana and Rayalaseema accents, the audience particularly liked her powerful dialogue delivery.
Born in Maharashtra, Shakuntala started her career as a stage artiste before foraying into the film industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'