Veteran Telugu director Bapu gets Padma Shri
Chennai: Veteran Telugu director Bapu aka Lakshmi Narayana Sathiraju has been named for Padma Shri on the eve of 64th Republic Day.
The 79-year-old, commonly known by the name Bapu in the industry, debuted as a director with 1967 Telugu film "Sakshi", which featured Telugu superstar Krishna.
In a career spanning over four decades, he has directed many Telugu films such as "Pelli Pusthakam", "Mr. Pellam", "Muthyala Muggu" and "Sri Ramarajyam".
Five of his Telugu films have won National Awards.
He made films in Hindi too - "Woh Saat Din", "Mohabbat" and "Pyaari Behna" among many more.
An artist by profession, Bapu is the pen name he earned for his artistic work in Telugu. He started his career as an artist in a Telugu newspaper.
The last film of the director was "Sri Rama Rajyam", which released in 2011 starring Nandamuri Balakrishna, Nayanthara and Meka Srikanth in the roles of Lord Rama, Goddess Sita and Lakshman respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Rana Daggubati's 'The Ghazi Attack': Opening weekend collections at the Box Office
- Malayalam actress molestation case: After main accused, two more people detained by police
- Allu Arjun's 'Duvvada Jagannadham' FIRST LOOK out!
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- Personally getting involved to release 'Vishwaroopam 2': Kamal Haasan