Vijay regrets not being part of the fast
Chennai: Tamil actor Vijay, currently shooting in Australia, regrets being unable to join the members of the South Indian Film Artistes Association (SIFAA) to observe a day-long fast Tuesday here to protest the alleged "war crimes" against Tamils in Sri Lanka.
"I am currently shooting for my film `Thalaivaa` in Australia and couldn`t make it to the fast. I regret not being present in this movement," said Vijay in a statement.
The fast is being observed by the actors of the Tamil film industry. This is the second fast since March 19, which was observed by Tamil Nadu Film Directors Association (TANTIS).
While the first token fast received phenomenal response, it missed the presence of all big actors in the industry such as Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth, Ajith Kumar, Suriya, and Karthi. But all of them have joined in this time.
All shooting for the day has been stopped, while theatres will remain shut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better
- Rajinikanth helped Radhika Apte while filming ‘Kabali’: Here’s how