Vijay regrets not being part of the fast
Chennai: Tamil actor Vijay, currently shooting in Australia, regrets being unable to join the members of the South Indian Film Artistes Association (SIFAA) to observe a day-long fast Tuesday here to protest the alleged "war crimes" against Tamils in Sri Lanka.
"I am currently shooting for my film `Thalaivaa` in Australia and couldn`t make it to the fast. I regret not being present in this movement," said Vijay in a statement.
The fast is being observed by the actors of the Tamil film industry. This is the second fast since March 19, which was observed by Tamil Nadu Film Directors Association (TANTIS).
While the first token fast received phenomenal response, it missed the presence of all big actors in the industry such as Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth, Ajith Kumar, Suriya, and Karthi. But all of them have joined in this time.
All shooting for the day has been stopped, while theatres will remain shut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- ‘Baahubali 2’ trailer strikes gold, garners 100 million views!
- ‘Baahubali 2’: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer creates another record!
- Rajinikanth's '2.0': Police detain two crew members for attacking journalists?
- PIL against Kamal Haasan for allegedly hurting Hindu sentiments