Vijay saddened over fan`s suicide
Coimbatore: Tamil actor Vijay said he was saddened by the death of his 20-year-old ardent fan, who committed suicide here Saturday after not being able to watch the actor`s new film ‘Thalaivaa’, stalled from releasing in Tamil Nadu.
A police official said that the fan was upset that he couldn`t see the film on release day despite travelling to neighbouring Kerala (30 km away) as he couldn`t get a ticket.
Barring Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, ‘Thalaivaa’ was released in all neighbouring states, including Kerala.
Reacting to the news, Vijay said in a statement: "I request all my fans to show restraint. Please be patient, `Thalaivaa` will release soon. I`m shocked to hear about Vishnu`s death. All my fans are like my brothers and this is certainly the saddest day of my life".
"I don`t know how to console Vishnu`s family for their loss. If you love me and believe that I love you as much then please don`t indulge in such acts," he added.
Vijay`s ‘Thalaivaa’, released worldwide Friday, except in Tamil Nadu, where its release remains stalled for several unclear reasons.
One of the reasons is that some theatre owners received threats from an outfit that opposed the release of the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!