Vikram Prabhu`s `Kumki` hits bull`s eye
Chennai: Debutant Vikram Prabhu`s Tamil romantic-drama ‘Kumki’ has raked in Rs.8.51 crore at the Box Office in the first three days in Tamil Nadu.
"The film (Kumki) collected Rs.8.51 crore at the box-office in Tamil Nadu in the first three days, making it a dream start for debutant Vikram Prabhu," Trinath, trade analyst, told reporters.
Directed by Prabhu Solomon, ‘Kumki’, which came out Dec 14 and hit over 1,000 screens worldwide, shows how a mahout and his elephant help farmers in driving away wild elephants in their village.
Besides Vikram Prabhu, it also stars Lakshmi Menon, Thambi Ramaiah and Asvin Raja in the lead.
Shot in exotic locales of Karnataka and Kerala, ‘Kumki’ was dubbed in Telugu as ‘Gajaraju’, but didn`t release on the same day due to lack of screens.
The film, produced by ‘Thirupathi Borthers’, has music by D. Imman and cinematography by Sukumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan teaches Alia Bhatt how to live 'Dear Zindagi' on Facebook live chat!
- Why the Indian film fraternity obsessed with the Oscars, asks Manoj Kumar
- 'Daughters of Mother India' wins big at the CAM International Film Festival
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better