Vikram Prabhu`s `Kumki` hits bull`s eye
Chennai: Debutant Vikram Prabhu`s Tamil romantic-drama ‘Kumki’ has raked in Rs.8.51 crore at the Box Office in the first three days in Tamil Nadu.
"The film (Kumki) collected Rs.8.51 crore at the box-office in Tamil Nadu in the first three days, making it a dream start for debutant Vikram Prabhu," Trinath, trade analyst, told reporters.
Directed by Prabhu Solomon, ‘Kumki’, which came out Dec 14 and hit over 1,000 screens worldwide, shows how a mahout and his elephant help farmers in driving away wild elephants in their village.
Besides Vikram Prabhu, it also stars Lakshmi Menon, Thambi Ramaiah and Asvin Raja in the lead.
Shot in exotic locales of Karnataka and Kerala, ‘Kumki’ was dubbed in Telugu as ‘Gajaraju’, but didn`t release on the same day due to lack of screens.
The film, produced by ‘Thirupathi Borthers’, has music by D. Imman and cinematography by Sukumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'