‘Vishwaroopam’ finally releases in Tamil Nadu today
Chennai: The controversial Kamal Haasan spy-thriller ‘Vishwaroopam’ finally hit the screens in Tamil Nadu today, February 07.
After a tumultuous two weeks of court cases and stay orders, the movie which was originally set to release on January 25 had finally been given the green signal after the actor-filmmaker agreed to chop off the 7 scenes that the offended Mulsim groups found objectionable.
With the editing done for the Tamil version of the bilingual film, the eagerly anticipated release went through in the state today.
Fellow South Indian mega star Rajnikanth had earlier shown his support by screening the movie at his house on Wednesday, February 06.
Meanwhile, even as the controversy broiled on, scripting and shooting for the sequel ‘Vishwaroopam 2’ had already started. Some scenes for the second part have also already been shot alongside the shooting schedule for part 1.
The movie may just have released in TN, but it has already been running successfully across India and has received rave reviews.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor's preggers wifey Mira Rajput admitted to hospital? Details inside
- Amber Heard's lawyer slams accusation of her blackmailing Depp
- Selena Gomez visits Boston Children's Hospital
- Pope Francis honours George Clooney, Richard Gere, Salma Hayek
- Salman and I have similar sense of humour: Randeep Hooda
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56