‘Vishwaroopam’: Have lost up to 60 crores, says Kamal Haasan
Mumbai: Kamal Haasan revealed on Thursday that he has lost between 30-60 crores because of the ban on his controversial bilingual release ‘Vishwaroopam’.
In a press conference in Mumbai, after the premiere of the Hindi version of his movie, the actor-filmmaker ruled out moving the Supreme Court over the stay in release of his film.
Earlier today Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa clarified her stance on the movie, stating that she had no “personal grudge” against the actor and the stay order was purely in the interests of local security.
‘Vishwaroopam’ was supposed to release on January 25 but growing objections from some Muslim groups led to a stay order on its release. A first high court hearing found nothing objectionable in the movie, but the government’s appeal was withheld and the stay order was imposed in Tamil Nadu, Haasan’s home state, almost immediately.
Kamal Haasan has since spoken to factions of the Mulsim community and agreed to edit portions of the film to suit their demands. The Hindi version, meanwhile, will hit the screens on Feb 01.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' reintroduced me to entertainment industry: Shamita Shetty
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Tamil film director Chandrasekar hospitalised
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'