‘Vishwaroopam’: Have lost up to 60 crores, says Kamal Haasan
Mumbai: Kamal Haasan revealed on Thursday that he has lost between 30-60 crores because of the ban on his controversial bilingual release ‘Vishwaroopam’.
In a press conference in Mumbai, after the premiere of the Hindi version of his movie, the actor-filmmaker ruled out moving the Supreme Court over the stay in release of his film.
Earlier today Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa clarified her stance on the movie, stating that she had no “personal grudge” against the actor and the stay order was purely in the interests of local security.
‘Vishwaroopam’ was supposed to release on January 25 but growing objections from some Muslim groups led to a stay order on its release. A first high court hearing found nothing objectionable in the movie, but the government’s appeal was withheld and the stay order was imposed in Tamil Nadu, Haasan’s home state, almost immediately.
Kamal Haasan has since spoken to factions of the Mulsim community and agreed to edit portions of the film to suit their demands. The Hindi version, meanwhile, will hit the screens on Feb 01.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone breaks her silence on speculations about breakup with Ranveer Singh
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say
- 'Shivaay' vs 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Box Office clash: Expect the 'unexpected'
- Kamaal R Khan in legal trouble for leaking Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' online
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie tweet review
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better