‘Vishwaroopam’: Petrol bombs hurled at theatres scheduled to screen the film
Chennai: In a dramatic turn of events, as Kamal Haasan waits for the Madras High Court to declare its final verdict on his film ‘Vishwaroopam’, petrol bombs were hurled at two theaters in Ramanathapuram district, Tamil Nadu, that were scheduled to screen the film.
Haasan had, earlier in the day, addressed reporters expressing his despair over the unjustified ban on his film, even after getting a clearance from the censor board.
CBFC chief Leela Samson had slammed the TN government a while back for disrespecting its decision and challenging the Madras High Court’s verdict to lift the ban on the film Tuesday night.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative