‘Vishwaroopam’: Petrol bombs hurled at theatres scheduled to screen the film
Chennai: In a dramatic turn of events, as Kamal Haasan waits for the Madras High Court to declare its final verdict on his film ‘Vishwaroopam’, petrol bombs were hurled at two theaters in Ramanathapuram district, Tamil Nadu, that were scheduled to screen the film.
Haasan had, earlier in the day, addressed reporters expressing his despair over the unjustified ban on his film, even after getting a clearance from the censor board.
CBFC chief Leela Samson had slammed the TN government a while back for disrespecting its decision and challenging the Madras High Court’s verdict to lift the ban on the film Tuesday night.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka fought like true warrior in 'Rudhramadevi': Vikramjeet Virk
- Shruti Haasan records song with Anirudh Ravichander for Tamil film 'Vedalam'
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ Malaysia shoot schedule to start soon
- Megastar Chiranjeevi to star in Telugu remake of 'Kaththi'?
- Makers of ‘Brahmotsavam' spend Rs.3.5 crore for 'sangeet' number!