‘Vishwaroopam’: Petrol bombs hurled at theatres scheduled to screen the film
Chennai: In a dramatic turn of events, as Kamal Haasan waits for the Madras High Court to declare its final verdict on his film ‘Vishwaroopam’, petrol bombs were hurled at two theaters in Ramanathapuram district, Tamil Nadu, that were scheduled to screen the film.
Haasan had, earlier in the day, addressed reporters expressing his despair over the unjustified ban on his film, even after getting a clearance from the censor board.
CBFC chief Leela Samson had slammed the TN government a while back for disrespecting its decision and challenging the Madras High Court’s verdict to lift the ban on the film Tuesday night.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar's 'Jolly LLB 2' enters Rs 100 cr club; makers CONFIRM 'Jolly LLB 3'!
- Vishal Bhardwaj a big fan of ‘Omkara’ lady Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Tom Hanks to release his first book
- Sushant Singh Rajput gears up for 'Chandamama Door Ke' – Here’s how
- Saif Ali Khan REVEALS he might change son Taimur Ali Khan's name!
- Ranganathan Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi’s ‘Vikram Vedha’ first look poster unveiled - It’s intriguing!
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?
- Veeram: Amitabh Bachchan unveils teaser of official theme song – WATCH, It’s intense!