We proved sequels can succeed: Suriya
Chennai: Actor Suriya Sivakumar believes the success of his latest release, Tamil action-drama ‘Singam 2’, has managed to break the myth that sequels don`t work.
He also says the movie`s success doesn`t belong to him entirely.
"I can`t take credit for the success of ‘Singam 2’. It was a team effort and in the process, Hari (director) and I proved that sequels can succeed," Suriya told reporters at the ‘Singam 2’ success meet here Monday.
‘Singam 2’, which released July 5, is the sequel to highly successful ‘Singam’. It also features Hansika Motwani, Anushka Shetty and Danny Sapani in important roles.
Suriya agrees the success of the film couldn`t have come at a better time.
"I badly needed a hit. My last two films didn`t do well and I was afraid that it might continue. I`m glad audiences made this film a bigger hit," added Suriya, who is happy that his wife enjoyed the film more than any of his past projects.
"Jo (Jyothika) watched the film four times. She enjoyed the film so much that she even applauded my performance for the first time," he said.
Directed by Hari Gopalakrishnan, ‘Singam 2’ has reportedly netted over Rs.20 crore in the opening weekend worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Market forces determine heroine's pay, not gender: Karthi Sivakumar
- Proud to have played a woman in 'Remo': Sivakarthikeyan
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside