We`ve lost second eye of Telugu filmdom: Mohan Babu on Akkineni Nageswara Rao
Hyderabad: If late actor N.T. Rama Rao was considered one eye of Telugu filmdom, thespian Akkineni Nageswara Rao, who died early Wednesday here, was the other eye of the industry, said actor-producer M. Mohan Babu.
"Rama Rao and Nageswara Rao were always considered as the two eyes of Telugu industry. We lost Rama Rao many years ago and today we lost the second eye, Nageswara Rao. Telugu industry exists today because of these two pioneers," Mohan told reporters.
Nageswara Rao was 89. He died due to intestinal cancer.
Mohan Babu recalls the actor as a "legend" with "humility".
"I have worked in villainous roles in several films produced under Annapurna Studios. It was always wonderful to meet him and we shared a father-son relationship. He may have been a legend but he lived with humility. He is not gone because he still resides in our hearts," he added.
Nageswara Rao`s body is currently kept at Annapurna Studios where several eminent film personalities and hundreds of fans have assembled to pay tributes to the icon.
Union Tourism Minister K. Chiranjeevi, veteran actors G. Krishna, Jamuna, Murali Mohan and Krishnam Raju, famous filmmakers Dasari Narayana Rao, D. Ramanaidu, actors Mohan Babu, Harikrishna, Rajasekhar, Jeevitha, Jayasudha, Junior N.T Rama Rao, Pawan Kalyan, Venkatesh, Meka Srikant, Mahesh Babu, his wife Namrata Shirodkar, Rana Daggubati, Prakash Raj, Anushka Shetty and others paid tributes to the late actor.
The last rites of Nageswara Rao will be performed Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Veteran Telegu actor Ramana Murthy dead
- Remember Namrata Shirodkar? She is ‘yummy mummy’ of two ‘awwdorable’ children – See pics
- Rajinikanth absolutely fine, says publicist
- Veteran Tamil film director AC Tirulokachandar passes away
- Oh my my! Rashmi Gautam turns up hotness quotient in sizzling 'Antham' trailer – Watch here