We would break all ties with Sri Lanka: Ameer Sultan
Chennai: Spearheading the Tamil film industry in support of the protest against alleged atrocities on Sri Lankan Tamils, filmmaker Ameer Sultan says they won`t back down and if needed, will break all ties with Sri Lanka if no favourable solution is reached.
Members of Tamil film industry observed a day-long fast here Tuesday in support of the protests against alleged atrocities on Sri Lankan Tamils.
"Just because we have peacefully ended our fast, doesn`t mean it`s over yet. If the union government does not take a favourable decision in this issue, then we don`t mind breaking all ties with Sri Lanka. We will ensure no Tamil films are screened there going forward," Sultan, president of Film Employees` Federation of South India (FEFSI), told reporters.
"We are awaiting a positive outcome from the United Nations human rights body meet later this month," he added.
On Tuesday, the industry`s prominent names like Gautham Menon, S.J. Suryah, Aslam, Shankar, KV Anand, Vijay, Linguswamy, Prabhu Solomon, Balaji Sakthivel, Kinslin and actors Jayam Ravi, Srikanth, Karunas, Rajkiran, Suhasini, Manobala and Ponvannan, participated in the hunger strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranganathan Madhavan achieved lean look for ‘Vikram Veda’ without workout
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels