When in dilemma, I run my scripts through dad: Naga Chaitanya
Chennai: Akkineni Naga Chaitanya, son of Akkineni Nagarjuna, admits that he doesn`t mind consulting his father about film projects whenever he is in doubt. However, he says he signs a film only once he is truly convinced about it.
"Dad has been my guiding force. Whenever I am confused about choosing a script, I discuss it with him. However, I have said `no` to scripts he agreed to, while he has said `yes` too for scripts I have turned down. We have this mutual understanding that works between us," Chaitanya said.
"The reason sometimes I have said `no` to scripts that were cleared by him is because I need to be convinced before I take up a project. I just can`t do a film because my fans would love to see me in it," he added.
The 26-year old says the only advice he has received from his father is "do what you love".
"That`s the only advice he has ever given me. I have been following it religiously. My father and my grandfather always watch my films and share their feedback with me. It helps me a lot in my own career," he added.
Chaitanya is currently working alongside his father and grandfather Akkineni Nageswara Rao in upcoming Telugu family comedy `Manam`.
Meanwhile, he is awaiting the release of Telugu action-drama `Auto Nagar Surya`. He also has two Telugu films in the offing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Actress resumes work
- The Ghazi Attack: First week Box Office collections figures of Rana Daggubati starrer are out!
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Didn’t photograph more actors, says accused Sunil Kumar
- Vikram Vedha: R Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi's on screen face off is incredibly captivating – WATCH
- ‘Baahubali 2’ motion poster will make your jaw drop! WATCH