Whistles for Sivaji Ganeshan!
Chennai: The late Tamil acting legend Sivaji Ganeshan, whose birth anniversary falls on Oct 1, will be accorded a very special tribute - a whistling ensemble will render a number of songs from the thespian`s films at a concert here. Actors such as M.S. Bhaskar and Y.G. Mahendran are expected to perform too.
"We will perform 28 songs from Sivaji Ganeshan`s films during the course of a three-hour programme. The proceeds from the event will go to Little Hearts, an organisation that works for the upliftment of the underprivileged," R. Arun Kumar, head of the South Zone Whistle Association, told IANS.
"We are expecting the participation of actors M.S. Bhaskar sir and Y.G. Mahendran sir too. On the day of the event, members of the audience can also show their whistling talent through a special competition that we have planned for them," he added.
Founded in 2004, the association has since given several performances. Its members are from different walks of life.
Arun Kumar says whistling has a lot of health benefits.
"Whistling helps to supply oxygen to different parts of the body. It also helps in rejuvenating brain cells and serves as a good breathing exercise," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Malayalam actress molestation case: After main accused, two more people detained by police
- Allu Arjun's 'Duvvada Jagannadham' FIRST LOOK out!
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- Personally getting involved to release 'Vishwaroopam 2': Kamal Haasan
- Birthday boy Sivakarthikeyan all set to take silver screen by storm with 'Velaikkaran'