Why was `Jigarthanda` postponed?
Zee Media Bureau/Ritika Handoo
New Delhi: South superstar Siddharth recently took to micro-blogging site Twitter, expressing his displeasure over constant postponement of his Tamil flick `Jigarthanda`. According to a leading daily, reports have now surfaced that the reason behind pushing the release date ahead is none other than superstar Dhanush.
In fact, the producer Kathiresan has reportedly issued a statement where he has mentioned that because Dhanush`s `Velaiilla Pattadhari` is running successfully all over Tamil Nadu, theatre owners have requested for one week postponement to get more number of screens for `Jigarthanda`. The statement further stresses that this move will benefit the film and also will help in ensuring a bigger success for `Jigarthanda` .
`Jigarthanda` has been directed by `Pizza` fame Karthik Subbaraj and stars Lakshmi Menon besides Siddharth in lead roles. The initial date of release for the film was July 25, 2014.
Well, it`s time for one super hit film to make way for another one. We hope the makers soon get a release date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody