Will Shaam be lucky for Surendar Reddy?
Chennai: Director Surendar Reddy has roped in his lucky mascot Shaam for the third time for Telugu action-drama ‘Race Gurram’. He is confident that Tamil actor will again bring him success.
Shaam had previously acted in Surendar`s two films – ‘Kick’ and ‘Oosaravalli’. While the former was a blockbuster and will soon be remade in Hindi with Salman Khan, the latter garnered lackluster response at the box-office.
"Shaam has been lucky for me twice and I`m sure he will continue to be one in our third collaboration. I have roped him in to essay a very important role in the film. I don`t want to talk about it at the moment as I want to wait for the film to go on the floors," Surendar said.
To be jointly produced by Nallamalupu Bujji and Venkateswara Rao, ‘Race Gurram’, also featuring Allu Arjun and Shruti Haasan, is set to go on the floors in June.
Meanwhile, Shaam`s career is dwindling in Tamil cinema and he has pinned all hopes on upcoming drama ‘6’. His last Tamil film was 2010 release ‘Agam Puram’.
He is also awaiting the release of Telugu multi-starrer romantic-comedy ‘Action 3D’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'
- ‘Baahubali’ puts regional cinema in forefront by minting Rs 500 crores!
- Prabhudheva announces three Tamil productions
- 'The Path of Zarathustra', a film on Parsis to release next month
- ‘Baahubali’ creates history; Hindi version rakes in Rs 100 crore!
- Tamil superstar Ajith completes 23 years in film industry