Working with Kamal Haasan a lifetime experience: Pooja
New Delhi: Actress Pooja Kumar, who plays the female protagonist in Kamal Haasan`s Tamil-Hindi project `Vishwaroopam`, says her one film experience with the superstar is like a lifetime achievement.
The 36-year-old former beauty queen will also be sharing the screen space with Haasan in the sequel of the controversial spy thriller.
"For any actress, it`s a dream come true to share the screen space with Kamal Haasan. I am getting an opportunity to work with him in the second part of the film too. It has been an incredible journey and lifetime experience for me. He always drives an actor to give something new onscreen," Pooja told reporters.
`Vishwaroopam 2` is an extension of Haasan`s first story and will see all the characters returning.
"We all have come out of our comfort zones for the film. Kamal has an immense knowledge on history, science and philosophy. He is a walking encyclopedia. I am the second actress who he repeated in his films after Sridevi," she said.
She bagged `Vishwaroopam` through a designer who suggested her name to Haasan and auditioned for the role on Skype.
"My designer in the film Gautamiji suggested my name to Haasan. His team contacted my manager and I auditioned on skype for the role. When I saw Kamal online, I got nervous. It was a two minute skype call and in two weeks I was shooting in Chennai," she said.
`Vishwaroopam 2` is expected to hit theatres this Diwali.
Having born in US to Indian origin parents and studied in Washington University, Pooja said she cannot avoid Indian cinema.
She started her film career with Tamil film `Kadhal Rojavae` in 2000 followed by `Magic Magic 3D`, `Flavours` and a small role in Ranbir Kapoor-Priyanka Chopra starrer `Anjaana Anjaani`.
"My father was not keen on my decision of joining films. He asked me to complete my degree first and so, I did my graduation in Political Science from Washington University. My father is now proud of my decision," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'
- ‘Baahubali’ puts regional cinema in forefront by minting Rs 500 crores!
- Prabhudheva announces three Tamil productions
- 'The Path of Zarathustra', a film on Parsis to release next month
- ‘Baahubali’ creates history; Hindi version rakes in Rs 100 crore!
- Tamil superstar Ajith completes 23 years in film industry