Would love to commit to North-East films: Seema and Adil
Panaji: Film actors Seema Biswas and Adil Hussain, who are part of the North Eastern package at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) here, today said they would love to work in movies made in that part of the country regularly, provided that scripts appeal to them.
"Emotionally, I love to commit. Morally also I would like to commit. But script is important for me, whether the film is from North East or any other part of the world," Biswas who shot to fame with her role in `Bandit Queen` told reporters here.
Echoing the same view, Hussain said that it does not matter from which part the film is produced.
"Acting is like a ritual for me. I will spend time on the film when I am elevated. I will not act unless its worthy," said the actor who was part of Ang Lee`s ?Oscar winning movie `Life of Pi`.
IFFI, which is underway in Goa has a special package of North Eastern films, showcasing 19 documentary and feature films from the region.
Noted Assamese filmmaker Manju Borah said that the North East has its own socio-political problems which differ from the rest of the country.
She said that the film industry in this region is wading through problems including lack of screening facilities in some parts of the states of Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
The filmmaker said that state governments like that in Assam are trying their best to provide infrastructure but the efforts need to be persistent.
?"Government is trying but they should meet us often," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Logan' TRAILER alert! Wolverine is back and how—Watch here
- Rati Agnihotri, businessman husband booked in Rs 47 lakh electricity theft case
- Sushmita Sen’s ‘I had promised the 14 year old #me’ VIDEO will inspire you to discipline your body
- Bollywood singer Mika Singh attends Donald Trump's pre-inauguration dinner! Watch video
- Jallikattu row: Rajinikanth joins massive protest supporting traditional bull sport
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport