YRF`s southern journey gathers steam
New Delhi: Bollywood movie production giant Yash Raj Films (YRF) is geared up for its southern innings, which begins with the Tamil and Telugu remake of successful Hindi movie ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’.
Starring well-known southern actor Nani along with debutant Vani Kapoor in lead roles, the film is directed by Gokul Krishna and produced by Aditya Chopra. The untitled film went on floor end of May, and it has completed its first schedule in Chennai, said a statement from YRF.
The next schedule will be conducted in Hyderabad and Mysore, starting early July. Padam Kumar, who heads the South operation of the company, is the creative producer of the project.
"This is the first of many new ventures to come from YRF in regional content," Rafiq Gangjee, vice president (Marketing and Communications), YRF, said in a statement.
The ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ remake will be followed by not just other Tamil films, both from YRF`s catalogue as well as new and original content, but also movies that are poised to break into other regional film markets of the south, added Gangjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan