YRF`s southern journey gathers steam
New Delhi: Bollywood movie production giant Yash Raj Films (YRF) is geared up for its southern innings, which begins with the Tamil and Telugu remake of successful Hindi movie ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’.
Starring well-known southern actor Nani along with debutant Vani Kapoor in lead roles, the film is directed by Gokul Krishna and produced by Aditya Chopra. The untitled film went on floor end of May, and it has completed its first schedule in Chennai, said a statement from YRF.
The next schedule will be conducted in Hyderabad and Mysore, starting early July. Padam Kumar, who heads the South operation of the company, is the creative producer of the project.
"This is the first of many new ventures to come from YRF in regional content," Rafiq Gangjee, vice president (Marketing and Communications), YRF, said in a statement.
The ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ remake will be followed by not just other Tamil films, both from YRF`s catalogue as well as new and original content, but also movies that are poised to break into other regional film markets of the south, added Gangjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan’s top 10 films over the years
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral
- Pakistan expresses its ‘Jazbaa’ for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan are not stars but co-stars for Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Know what Amitabh Bachchan is saying about tiger conservation
- Kannada actor Shivarajkumar suffers minor heart attack, admitted to hospital
- Rajinikanth lauds makers of 'Puli'
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- What made Anushka Shetty do ‘Rudhramadevi’?
- Satyajit Ray's 'Apu Trilogy' in top five greatest Asian films