Films on child trafficking usually throw at us startling facts and numbers in an attempt to emotionally hijack us but debutant Balaji K Kumar`s `Vidiyum Munn` avoids all such genre cliches and sticks to presenting a well executed thriller that intrigues with suspense from start to finish.
‘Ram-leela’ from Bhansali, who has earlier produced dreams onscreen - ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’, ‘Guzaarish’ and ‘Black’ – comes across as an uncanny piece of art from the ace filmmaker, with sounds of bullet riveting through the entire length of the film.
Spot the difference. It`s the same in all apparent details. Mumbai`s underworld caught in a compromising position by Ram Gopal Varma (RGV)`s camera prying into the mutilated lives of characters looking so scruffy and aggressive, you wish they would leave aside the bloodbath and just take a `bloody` bath.
- Drought-hit India's quest for water hampered by thirsty crops
- India vs South Africa 2015: 5 reasons that led to Proteas' downfall
- Aspiring to retire? Welcome to Agra
- India's democracy allows for fetishised nationalism, knee-jerk rejectionism
- El Clasico: Ronaldinho redux?
- With Johnson retired, Steyn to follow, who will carry forward the legacy?
- Don't paint India as an intolerant nation: An open letter to all intellectuals
- Navy sex scandal: `Guilty won`t be spared`
- Petrol price cut by Rs 3.05 per litre; diesel hiked by 50 paise
- 16-year old girl gang-raped in Goregaon on pretext of Diwali puja
- Mystery of Bhangarh Fort--India`s most haunted place
- 8% DA hike for Central govt staff
- Is Ashwathama of Mahabharata still alive?
- Watch DNA with Sudhir Chaudhary @9pm on Zee News
- Maulana Fazlur Rehman: Pragmatism in Pakistan
- How far can under-fire Dhoni go without the `midas touch`?
- Nawaz Sharif - Hot favourite to win Pakistan polls
- Astrology prediction 2015: What your stars foretell
- Profile: Asif Ali Zardari
- Will Imran Khan shine in Pakistan’s political innings?
- ‘Netaji was not dead but in Russia, and the govt knew it’