The film, based on the acclaimed novel of the same name authored by Mohsin Hamid, is a typical Mira Nair film in terms of the cascade of colours, textures, frames and characters. Unlike the novel, the film is a blunt, slow and pretentious work of art.
Some films take time to strike a chord with the audience, but "Sukumarudu", about greedy NRI protagonist, makes an instant connect with viewers. It`s another Telugu film high on emotion with good performances. However, what makes the seemingly entertaining film boring and melodramatic is the done to death presentation style.
I think we have come to the point in Indian cinema where there is no room for logic, thanks to commercialism. We are a century-old industry and yet take pride in celebrating mediocrity because we have almost given up on quality films. Include "Tadakha", an illogical and predictable story, in the list of mediocre films.
The ‘Star Trek’ fans, be it of the comics, television serials or previous films, would simply love ‘Into Darkness’ without distraction. Director JJ Abrams has intelligently and attractively structured the story of the sci-fi legend, making it so believable.
- Transgender Rights: The new light of hope!
- Novak Djokovic vs Stanislas Wawrinka: Another fierce yet unique rivalry
- MS Dhoni vs Virat Kohli: Start of a turf-war in Indian cricket?
- Big 4+1 still favourites to win Wimbledon
- Manipur ambush: Where Indian Army and government went wrong
- Hollywood calling for Priyanka Chopra could mean much more!
- Five reasons why MS Dhoni should step down as ODI skipper
- Navy sex scandal: `Guilty won`t be spared`
- Petrol price cut by Rs 3.05 per litre; diesel hiked by 50 paise
- Mystery of Bhangarh Fort--India`s most haunted place
- 16-year old girl gang-raped in Goregaon on pretext of Diwali puja
- An exclusive interview with Sunny Leone after Ragini MMS-2`s success
- Is Ashwathama of Mahabharata still alive?
- BJP leader gang-raped in Ranchi
- Maulana Fazlur Rehman: Pragmatism in Pakistan
- How far can under-fire Dhoni go without the `midas touch`?
- Nawaz Sharif - Hot favourite to win Pakistan polls
- Astrology prediction 2015: What your stars foretell
- Profile: Asif Ali Zardari
- Will Imran Khan shine in Pakistan’s political innings?
- ‘Netaji was not dead but in Russia, and the govt knew it’