`Womaniser` Orson Welles` romantic life revealed
London: Orson Welles, who was a known womaniser, lived a life that was dotted with affairs with various women.
The legendary actor/director`s first love was actress Virginia Nicolson and the couple eloped in 1934 when they were 19, the Daily Express revealed.
While Nicolson was pregnant with the couple`s child, Welles began affairs with actresses Geraldine Fitzgerald and Dolores del Rio.
After divorce from Nicolson in 1940, Welles married Rita Hayworth in 1943; that marriage resulted in divorce in 1948 after his extra-marital affairs plagued the relationship.
Soon after, Welles impregnated Italian actress and aristocrat Paola Mori, which prompted a shotgun wedding in 1955 but the couple soon drifted apart.
Croatian actress Oja Kodar , who was 26 years his junior, became his partner for the final 24 years of his life but he never divorced Mori and often returned to her.
Welles fathered a daughter from each marriage. He also had an illegitimate son by actress Geraldine Fitzgerald, baronet and film director Sir Michael Lindsay-Hogg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Isla Fisher wants to play Prince in biopic
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!