Actress Amala Paul engaged to director Vijay
Kochi: Actress Amala Paul Saturday got engaged to Tamil film director A.L. Vijay at a church in Aluva near here.
Director Lal Jose, who introduced Amala Paul into the film industry in 2009 in the film "Neelathamara", and several of her colleagues from the industry, were present at the ring ceremony.
Even though she began her career in the Malayalam film industry, the 22-year-old actress has carved a name for herself also in Tamil and Telugu films.
Vijay began his career as an assistant to acclaimed director Priyadarshan.
In 2007, he emerged out of the shadows, and till now has made seven Tamil films, including two that starred Amala Paul.
The wedding will be held June 12 in Chennai.
Sources close to the actress said she will complete all her pending projects and then decide on her future as an actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- This amazing beauty hack will HIDE your pimples easily! Watch video
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt
- Why Lord Hanuman carries a mountain on his arm! Here's why
- I live every day like it's my last: Ranveer Singh