Actress Amala Paul engaged to director Vijay
Kochi: Actress Amala Paul Saturday got engaged to Tamil film director A.L. Vijay at a church in Aluva near here.
Director Lal Jose, who introduced Amala Paul into the film industry in 2009 in the film "Neelathamara", and several of her colleagues from the industry, were present at the ring ceremony.
Even though she began her career in the Malayalam film industry, the 22-year-old actress has carved a name for herself also in Tamil and Telugu films.
Vijay began his career as an assistant to acclaimed director Priyadarshan.
In 2007, he emerged out of the shadows, and till now has made seven Tamil films, including two that starred Amala Paul.
The wedding will be held June 12 in Chennai.
Sources close to the actress said she will complete all her pending projects and then decide on her future as an actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput 'skulting around'! Check out pic
- Comedian Bharti Singh secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- Micromax honcho Rahul Sharma wishes 'happy anniversary' to wifey Asin Thottumkal in total Bollywood style!
- 'FIR' actress Kavita Kaushik set to marry boyfriend Ronnit Biswas!
- Bigg Boss 10: All you want to know about Monalisa, Vikrant's wedding