Alcohol pushing teenagers to risky sex
London: Teenagers` drinking habits are making them indulge in sex beyond their desire, causing an epidemic of risky sex, doctors in Britain have warned.
According to the Royal College of Physicians, many youngsters admit going "further than intended" once they are drunk. It also states that excessive drinking and sex was a "cocktail" for teenage pregnancies and infections, the Daily Mail quoted the college as stating in a report.
The college, originally founded in 1518 , has urged the general practitioners (GPs) and nurses to enquire teenagers about their drinking habits when they turn up to sexual health clinics for contraception or the morning-after pill.
One million teenagers attend sexual health clinics annually to get free contraception, the morning-after pill or to undergo tests and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, the college stated.
The organisation has highlighted research showing that a fifth of 14 and 15-year-old girls said they did more sexually than they wanted to while drunk. And more than 80 percent of 16 to 30-year-olds said they drank before sexual activity.
The college said this provides doctors and nurses with a key opportunity to find out about youngsters` drinking habits and warn them about the dangers of going overboard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi