Brief split from John Mayer was like a splash of cold water: Katy Perry
London: Singer Katy Perry admits that the brief split from boyfriend John Mayer "was like a splash of cold water."
The `Roar` singer briefly split from Mayer earlier this year but they reunited during summer, reported Aceshowbiz.
"I took a break from my boyfriend, not one that I wanted. It was like a splash of cold water to search inward on what was going on with me. That is what let me to this new awakening, this realising, `If I don`t do some self-love, I`m not going to be able to keep the love that I want`.
"I still needed to deal with all of my ex-husband stuff. I hadn`t. It`s almost like if I kept talking about it, it would seem like I actually cared about it. I don`t," she said.
Perry cannot help gushing over her boyfriend Mayer.
"He`s just a fantastic partner. I`ve been a fan of his for such a long time. He`s got a brilliant, brilliant mind. It`s a mature relationship," she says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shirish Kunder's short film 'Kriti' garners 5 million views!
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui convicted for raping American woman
- Actor-photographer arrested for rape, blackmail
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 633 — Abhi acknowledges Pragya's truth and accepts her wholeheartedly!
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi