Brief split from John Mayer was like a splash of cold water: Katy Perry
London: Singer Katy Perry admits that the brief split from boyfriend John Mayer "was like a splash of cold water."
The `Roar` singer briefly split from Mayer earlier this year but they reunited during summer, reported Aceshowbiz.
"I took a break from my boyfriend, not one that I wanted. It was like a splash of cold water to search inward on what was going on with me. That is what let me to this new awakening, this realising, `If I don`t do some self-love, I`m not going to be able to keep the love that I want`.
"I still needed to deal with all of my ex-husband stuff. I hadn`t. It`s almost like if I kept talking about it, it would seem like I actually cared about it. I don`t," she said.
Perry cannot help gushing over her boyfriend Mayer.
"He`s just a fantastic partner. I`ve been a fan of his for such a long time. He`s got a brilliant, brilliant mind. It`s a mature relationship," she says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan was offered Hollywood projects! Know why he declined them
- Attention Katrina Kaif fans – here’s good news for you
- Abhay Deol, Diana Penty's 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' to have a sequel? – Details inside
- Priya Malik posts 'free the nipple' photo to criticize censorship
- Krushna Abhishek's father succumbs to cancer