Brief split from John Mayer was like a splash of cold water: Katy Perry
London: Singer Katy Perry admits that the brief split from boyfriend John Mayer "was like a splash of cold water."
The `Roar` singer briefly split from Mayer earlier this year but they reunited during summer, reported Aceshowbiz.
"I took a break from my boyfriend, not one that I wanted. It was like a splash of cold water to search inward on what was going on with me. That is what let me to this new awakening, this realising, `If I don`t do some self-love, I`m not going to be able to keep the love that I want`.
"I still needed to deal with all of my ex-husband stuff. I hadn`t. It`s almost like if I kept talking about it, it would seem like I actually cared about it. I don`t," she said.
Perry cannot help gushing over her boyfriend Mayer.
"He`s just a fantastic partner. I`ve been a fan of his for such a long time. He`s got a brilliant, brilliant mind. It`s a mature relationship," she says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Kapoor and Sons' actor Fawad Khan caught crooning and dancing in camera – Watch video
- Sixth 'Transformers' movie to be a Bumblebee spin-off
- Prakash Jha thought Priyanka won’t have time for ‘Jai Gangaajal’
- 'Kapoor and Sons' trailer reaches 5 mn views; Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra love it!
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages