Captain & Tennille divorcing
Los Angeles: Love did not keep Toni Tennille and Captain Daryl Dragon together as the hit singing couple of 70s is divorcing.
Tennille, 73, whose real name is Cathryn Antoinette, filed for divorce from her 71-year-old husband an Arizona courthouse, claiming their marriage was "irretrievably broken", reported TMZ
The couple, married for 39 years, gave hits like `Love Will Keep Us Together`, `Muskrat Love` and `Do that to Me One More Time` in the 70s.
When contacted by the website about what caused the divorce, Dragon said, "I don`t know why she filed. I gotta figure it out for myself first."
The divorce documents mention about health insurance coverage, and that seems relevant, because in 2009 Tennille had revealed that Dragon had been diagnosed with Parkinson`s.
An update on their blog on January 16, read: "The Captain & Tennille appeared to the public as them being the ideal model for a `rock-solid` married pair. But almost all people naturally evolve over time, and sometimes hidden feelings start to be uncovered ..."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi