Carey Mulligan never had a crush on Leonardo DiCaprio
Los Angeles: Actress Carey Mulligan says she did not have a crush on her ‘The Great Gatsby’ co-star Leonardo DiCaprio when she was a teenager, even though he was a heartthrob back then.
In ‘The Great Gatsby’, directed by Baz Luhrrman, Mulligan has filmed numerous steamy scenes with DiCaprio. She admits she wasn`t one of the many young girls who succumbed to the the actor`s good looks when he made a name for himself with 1997 film ‘Titanic’.
"Well, he wasn`t my pin-up, but he was for a lot of my girlfriends. Michael Schumacher (was my pin-up). I used to watch Formula 1 with my dad when I was little," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Mulligan as saying.
The 29-year-old, who plays heartbroken Daisy in ‘The Great Gatsby’, said she still couldn`t help but give in to the actor`s charm when she auditioned for the role for the forthcoming project.
"When I did the audition with Leo in New York I walked away grinning. Just the idea that if I never got any further, I had just spent an hour and a half acting with Leonardo DiCaprio," she said.
"I was terrified of reading with him, but it said in the script that Daisy kisses Gatsby so I asked if I should and (director) Baz (Luhrmann) said yes, so I kissed him," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT