Confirmed: Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis split after 14 years
Los Angeles: After months of speculations about their strained relationship, actors Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis have confirmed that they have separated.
The couple who have been together for 14 years had an amicable separation, a representative said.
"Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis have amicably separated. Please respect their privacy and, more importantly, the privacy of their children," Depp`s publicist Robin Baum said in a statement.
The announcement follows widespread reports earlier this year that the couple`s relationship was on the rocks, although Depp denied rumors of a split to British newspaper in May.
Depp, 49, began dating Paradis, 39, in 1998, following his split from British supermodel Kate Moss. The couple appeared together in Roman Polanski`s 1999 film ‘The Ninth Gate’.
Depp and Paradis have two children, Lily-Rose, 13, and 9-year-old Jack, and set up homes in France, Los Angeles and on a private island in the Caribbean.
The couple never married, although Depp has been married once before, to Lori Anne Allison between 1983 and 1985, and had a high-profile relationship with actress Winona Ryder in the early 1990s.
Depp rose to fame in the 1980s in the Fox television series ‘21 Jump Street’, leading to films including ‘Donnie Brasco’, ‘Chocolat’ and the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ franchise.
The actor is also known for his numerous collaborations with director Tim Burton in movies such as ‘Edward Scissorhands’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ and ‘Alice In Wonderland.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report: Opening day collections of Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre' are out!
- Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor's 'OK Jaanu' new poster is too cute to handle!
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film
- Aamir Khan to lock horns with Sanjay Dutt at Box Office next year
- Yash and Radhika Pandit's wedding pictures will melt your heart
- Karanvir Bohra's wifey Teejay Sidhu shares latest pic of her newborn and it's so adorable!
- Anushka Sharma-Virat Kohli's latest photos will restore your faith in love!
- Bad relationship leads to poor sleep – Read more
- Here’s the secret to happy married life