Washington: Elin Nordegren came in the limelight with her much talked-about divorce with Tiger Woods, but there`s a lot more to her than meets the eye.
1. She’s Not Violent: "What comes to mind first is all the speculation that I had somehow used any kind of violence on Tiger. This was one of the things I had the hardest time with people thinking," ABC News quoted Nordegren as saying in her interview with People Magazine.
"There was never any violence inside or outside our home. The speculation that I would have used a gold club to hit him is just truly ridiculous," she added.
2. She Isn’t Just A Model/Nanny: Nordegren gave up a career in modelling, as she "was never very successful at it" and been a nanny in the past for Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik`s children for a year. But after getting married to Woods at 21, she didn’t get to pursue her actual career goals. She had planned to study psychology-which she’s doing now.
3. The Kids Rule: Elin told People about how her daughter tried to help and it was heart-warming.
"Sam came up to me, put her hand on my cheek and said in Swedish, ``Mommy, where is your boo-boo?`` I smiled at her and said, ``Mommy’s boo-boo is in her heart right now, but it will be better." She looked at me and said: ``Can Sam kiss and make it better? Or maybe popcorn will,``" she said.
4. She’s Really Smart: Elin speaks Swedish, English, German, French and Spanish.
"I dreamed of becoming a soccer professional and journalist because I love to write. I knew after high school that I wanted to study psychology. I always loved children and I wanted to study something that could combine the two ... I was always going to have a career-with or without Tiger," she said.
5. She Doesn’t Hate Tiger: It has been difficult working things out with her ex husband but she’s trying as hard as she can.
"I know I will have to come to forgiveness and acceptance of what has happened for me to go on and be happy in the future," she said.
6. She’s Not a Gold Digger: Many have speculated that she is a rich woman set to get 100 million dollars in settlement, but Elin doesn’t agree.
"Money can’t buy happiness. Or put a family back together ... but I have to be honest: it’s making some things easier. I have the opportunity to be with my children as much as I want," she said.
7. She’s Funny: Elin admits she found the ‘South Park’ and ‘Saturday Night Live’ parodies of herself "pretty hysterical, even if they were totally untrue."
8. She Still Believes In Love: "I believe in love because I’ve seen it. I’ve been there," she said. Although she’s gotten a cynical edge about it, "I always believe the best of people, and when you do that, you’re going to be really screwed sometimes. My fear when this first happened was that I wouldn’t be that way anymore ... But I haven’t lost that," said Elin.