Elton John eager to marry partner legally
London: Singer Elton John is eagerly awaiting the Parliament`s decision to legalise same-sex marriage in Britain.
He wants to legally marry his long time partner David Furnish.
The couple is hoping to be among the first married gay couple in the country after legally entering into a civil partnership in 2005, reports express.co.uk.
"Absolutely, we`re going to get married. We had our civil partnership on the first day it was legally possible. Same sex people have been waiting a long time for things to happen to them," John told Ellen DeGeneres during her talk show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Aadhaar verification boosts user confidence on matrimonial sites, reveals survey
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Narayani Shastri talks about her 'secret' marriage to British beau Steven Graver
- Angad Bedi is my best friend: Nora Fatehi clears link up rumours