Elton John planning to marry partner
London: Legendary singer Elton John is planning to get married to his long time partner, filmmaker David Furnish, in May this year.
The 67-year-old `Rocket Man` hitmaker apparently decided to tie the knot with Furnish, 51, after gay marriages were made legal in England recently, reported a leading daily.
During John`s birthday celebrations at Fizz Las Vegas, Furnish said, "We don`t feel the need to take an extra step legally. But since we`re committed for life, we feel it`s really important to take that step, and take advantage of that amazing change in legislation. We all live by example."
The duo have been in a British civil partnership for eight years.
"I think what we`ll do is go to a registry office in England in May, and take the boys with us, and a couple of witnesses," Furnish added.
The couple have two sons, Zachary, 3, and Elijah, 16 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We all felt 'Golmaal 2' was a crap as compared to its other parts, says Ajay Devgn
- Shah Rukh Khan reveals two most beautiful journeys of his career
- Here's how Priyanka Chopra plans to celebrate Diwali in New York
- ‘Shivaay’ becomes Ajay Devgn’s biggest international release, to hit theatres in more than 60 countries
- 'Bigg Boss' 10: Priyanka Jagga Muise's message to fans after eviction from show