Gay rumours were offending: Matt Damon
London: Hollywood star Matt Damon says rumours about him being gay post his movie ‘Good Will Hunting’ with Ben Affleck were offending.
The 42-year-old has for the first time spoken about the reports suggesting he is gay in an interview with Playboy, reported Daily Mail.
"I never denied those rumors. Because I was offended and didn`t want to offend my friends who were gay, as if being gay were some kind of disease. It put me in a weird position in that sense," he said.
Having a lot of gay friends, Damon was happy for them with the growing tolerance toward homosexual people.
"The fact that Anderson Cooper and Ellen DeGeneres can come out so beautifully and powerfully, and it`s a big deal that it turns out nobody gives a damn," he added.
Damon has now accepted an offer to be gay musician Liberace`s lover Scott Thorson in HBO`s TV movie "Behind the Candelabra".
He stars opposite Michael Douglas who tackles the role as the legendary piano player in the upcoming biopic.
"These two men were deeply in love and in a real relationship - a marriage - long before there was gay marriage. That`s not an insignificant thing.
"Their conversations when they`re dressing or undressing or having a spat or getting ready for bed? That`s every marriage."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- Sunil Grover OUT of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'? Here's the TRUTH
- Angad Bedi is my best friend: Nora Fatehi clears link up rumours
- I don't take link up rumours seriously, says Athiya Shetty
- Kapil Sharma opens up about girlfriend Ginni Chatrath, marriage
- Karisma Kapoor’s ex-husband Sunjay Kapur set to marry Priya Sachdev?
- Bani J shared a picture of rumoured boyfriend Yuvraj Thakur and you can't miss it!