Haven`t heard from Brand post-divorce, says Katy Perry
Los Angeles: Singer Katy Perry says she has not communicated with her ex-husband Russell Brand post receiving a text from him asking for divorce.
The couple`s marriage ended in December 2011, just 14 months after they tied the knot in India. Their split was made legal in July 2012, but the pop star claims she hasn`t heard from Brand since then, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"He`s a very smart man, a magical man and I was in love with him when I married him. Let`s just say I haven`t heard from him since he texted me saying he was divorcing me December 31, 2011," said the 28-year-old star.
Perry accepts that their work commitments and her hectic schedule for her "California Dreams Tour" led to the failure of their marriage. But, she also suggested that 38-year-old Brand couldn`t cope being married to a strong woman like her.
She said: "I have to claim my own responsibility in things. I do admit that I was on the road a lot. Although I invited him time and time again, and I tried to come home as much as I possibly could.
"At first when I met him, he wanted an equal, and I think a lot of times strong men do want an equal, but then they get that equal and they`re like, `I can`t handle it`."
"He didn`t like the atmosphere of me being the boss on tour. So that was really hurtful. I felt a lot of responsibility for it ending, but then I found out the real truth, which I can`t necessarily disclose because I keep it locked in my safe for a rainy day. I let go and I was like, `This isn`t because of me; this is beyond me.` So I have moved on from that," she added.
Perry was in a relationship with musician John Mayer for almost seven months. It ended in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top 5 reasons why relationships fail
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' kick starts well at the Box Office!
- A 'new Irrfan' to watch out for in 'Jazbaa': Sanjay Gupta
- Anupam Kher's health dilemmas
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' pooch to travel for promotions?
- 'Bombairiya' our ode to Mumbai: British-born producer
- Ryan Reynolds grants young fan's wish to meet Deadpool
- Vergara's former fiance to seek custody of embryos
- Stone, Garfield still have the 'sparks'
- Shabana Azmi went street shopping for 'Chalk n Duster'
- Would love to do a film based on chess: Aamir Khan
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- Nick Nolte to play disgraced US president in new series
- 'Heroes Reborn' brings back Greg Grunberg
- Marvel's 'Empire of the Dead' to be adapted for TV
- Divyanka Tripathi intimidates her fans
- 'Indian Idol Junior' sets ball rolling with Bollywood music
- Boman Irani, Sonu Sood to share relationship secrets on Farah Khan's show
- Ahsaan Qureshi in talks for 'Tu Mera Hero'?
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' cast to rock 'Comedy Nights With Kapil'
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception