How did Amitabh Bachchan propose to Jaya?
Zee Media Bureau/Aparna Mudi
One of the strongest and long-lasting Bollywood romances, coupled with many controversies, Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bhaduri have stayed together for 41 years. Big B recently shared his love story on air with a 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' contestant.
Bachchan senior revealed, he had made a resolution that he would go abroad with Jaya if the movie `Zanjeer` becomes a hit. As we all know `Zanjeer` was a Box Office success and as promised the megastar planned for the vacation. But Amitabh`s father – Harivansh Rai Bachchan, was adamant that the two could go together only if they were married. So the two got married hurriedly within a day.
The romance between the two had not blossomed right away. But after working in many films together, the two shared a beautiful rapport which turned into love.
The evergreen couple, Jaya and Amitabh got married on June 3, 1973 and have two children Abhishek and Shweta. The story of the iconic couple of Bollywood was told to a lady from Ranchi, Archana Tirkey.
`Kaun Banega Crorepati` is a very popular gameshow which is in its eighth season now. This season was kicked off with Kapil Sharma as the first contestant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!