I am looking for true love: Mallika Sherawat
Mumbai: Actress Mallika Sherawat says in her upcoming reality series she is not looking for a husband but rather wants to find `true love`.
The 36-year-old actress will make her small screen debut with `The Bachelorette India -Mere Khayalon Ki Mallika`, which is a spin-off from the American competitive reality dating game show.
"There is no promise of marriage. I am lonely and am looking for true love. It is about the journey and not the destination," Mallika told reporters here.
However, the `Murder` actress said that when she decides to settle down in the future, she will chose someone who has nothing to do with the showbiz world.
"I would not marry anyone from the field of entertainment. I am in the world of glitz and glamour which is make believe world. I want normalcy in life and that is why you will see actresses getting married to doctors and businessmen," she said.
When asked if she would like to marry someone from abroad, Mallika, who regularly visits the US for work, said, "It is good to work there but people lack human emotions. I would marry someone from India."
The Indian version of the show will have 30 contestants vying for Mallika`s attention.
"It is a reality show so whatever happens on a date and on the show is all real. Nothing is scripted. We have not created anything falsely. I am very much real in the show I am not acting," she said.
Mallika considers Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the perfect bachelor and on his birthday the actress even recorded a video message for him.
"I am hopelessly romantic girl. I like him (Narendra Modi). I am not interested in Rahul Gandhi," she added.
There were reports that Mallika has charged a whopping Rs 30 crore for 30 episodes of this show. When asked about the same, she said, I am not denying it... I cannot lie."
Mallika is not the only celebrity looking for her `Mr Right` on TV. Previously, Rakhi Sawant and Ratan Rajput too starred in marriage reality shows but without much successs. Rahul Mahajan was the only person who married on a TV show.
`The Bachelorette India` will go on air from October 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actors face many demons everyday: Radhika Apte
- Watch: Jimmy Sheirgill's political drama 'Shorgul's trailer packs a punch!
- 'I'm the boss of my own shit' says Ankita Lokhande post split with Sushant Singh Rajput!-- See pic
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Riteish Deshmukh pays tribute to father on 70th birth anniversary!
- Your financial strength could impact your romantic relationships – Read more
- Women find 'dominant' men more attractive – Here’s why
- This online wedding community helps you plan your marriage
- Survey by dating app makes interesting revelations – Dear men and women, check them out here
- Web series alert! Informative stuff about sex