I am not a gay icon: Lady Gaga
London: Pop sensation Lady Gaga is adamant that she is not a gay icon despite being an active supporter of LGBT rights.
Gaga, 27, who is openly bisexual, said she never intended to become a poster figure for the homosexual community, reported Femalefirst.
"But here, where do I say I`m a gay icon? I never said I was a gay icon. When did that happen? Are those lyrics on the album? Absolutely not.
"I don`t even consider myself... I don`t even know what that word means. That was a label that was invented years ago. I`m a gay supporter," she said.
Gaga worries people think it is just for show when she says she`s bisexual.
"I mean, I am bisexual, I`ve said it before, I`ll say it again. I don`t need to - I`m sorry if this is a bit vulgar - but I don`t need to act like a lesbian in front of the whole world for people to take me seriously.
"You can believe it or not, it`s just here, I`m honest. I`m not saying it to be controversial; there you have it, here I am, take it or leave it. I know I am not just a lesbian - I have a boyfriend - but all of my friends are in this community."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Baahubali 2: Brand new poster unveiled on Maha Shivaratri and its mind-blowing!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Film celebrities pay tribute to Lord Shiva
- Fawad Khan looks even more dashing in beefed-up avatar – See PIC
- Rangoon movie Tweet review
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: In this Shiva temple, devotees offer broom!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi
- Tusshar Kapoor shares son Laksshya's throwback video and it's adorable enough to melt your heart!