I am not a gay icon: Lady Gaga
London: Pop sensation Lady Gaga is adamant that she is not a gay icon despite being an active supporter of LGBT rights.
Gaga, 27, who is openly bisexual, said she never intended to become a poster figure for the homosexual community, reported Femalefirst.
"But here, where do I say I`m a gay icon? I never said I was a gay icon. When did that happen? Are those lyrics on the album? Absolutely not.
"I don`t even consider myself... I don`t even know what that word means. That was a label that was invented years ago. I`m a gay supporter," she said.
Gaga worries people think it is just for show when she says she`s bisexual.
"I mean, I am bisexual, I`ve said it before, I`ll say it again. I don`t need to - I`m sorry if this is a bit vulgar - but I don`t need to act like a lesbian in front of the whole world for people to take me seriously.
"You can believe it or not, it`s just here, I`m honest. I`m not saying it to be controversial; there you have it, here I am, take it or leave it. I know I am not just a lesbian - I have a boyfriend - but all of my friends are in this community."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'