I married for economical reasons: Helen Mirren
London: Veteran actress Helen Mirren says she married husband Taylor Hackford only for economic reasons and they are not the most romantic of couples.
The 67-year-old said they don`t send each other Valentine cards and regularly forget to mark birthdays with a present, reported Daily Mail.
"Taylor and I aren`t remotely romantic with each other. And actually we appreciate the lack of romance in the other person. I`d be completely horrified if Taylor gave me a Valentine`s card! That`s not our sort of relationship at all - we would pour cold water on that sort of thing.
"We even forget to get each other birthday presents ? I`m always thinking the day before, `Oh, I must get Taylor something for his birthday`. Without being corny, we try simply to be considerate to each other every day rather than lavishing each other with gifts," she said.
`The Queen` star tied the knot 11 years into her relationship with Hackford. The ceremony took place on New Year`s Eve in 1997.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maharashtra CM assured smooth release of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', says Mukesh Bhatt
- Love Day: Pyar Ka Din movie review Tedious and uninspiring
- Ranbir Kapoor - Anushka Sharma - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan vs Salman Khan: TRP battle this weekend
- Where nationalism is concerned, I don't think Bollywood is divided: Ajay Devgn
- Vaani Kapoor spreads 'Befikre' magic on Hrithik Roshan!