I never cheated on Katy Perry, says Russell Brand
London: Funnyman Russell Brand says he was faithful to his ex-wife Katy Perry contrary to claims that his infidelity led to the collapse of their marriage just after 14 months.
The actor-comedian, who was known as a serial womaniser before he gave up dating and settled down with Perry in 2010, said he is always "diligently monogamous" when he is in a relationship, reported Contactmusic.
"When I`m in a relationship I`m diligently monogamous and stick to the principles agreed on within that relationship. You`ve got to, I think. But it`s going to be hard if I go into a monogamous relationship.
"I live a life where I have a lot of freedom, so if I meet someone and I go, `Right let`s be monogamous`. But I tried it and I loved it. I really think she`s a lovely beautiful person (Perry). It`s just hard isn`t it? She`s got a lot of options, I`ve got a lot of options, so you`ve got to really, really want it (to make marriage work)...," he said.
The couple`s marriage did not last long and they were divorced last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Half Girlfriend: Shraddha Kapoor's sporty look grabs eyeballs in fresh still – See pic
- Diljit Dosanjh's thank you note to Hindi film industry will melt your heart!
- Aadhaar verification boosts user confidence on matrimonial sites, reveals survey
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Narayani Shastri talks about her 'secret' marriage to British beau Steven Graver
- Angad Bedi is my best friend: Nora Fatehi clears link up rumours