I never cheated on Katy Perry, says Russell Brand
London: Funnyman Russell Brand says he was faithful to his ex-wife Katy Perry contrary to claims that his infidelity led to the collapse of their marriage just after 14 months.
The actor-comedian, who was known as a serial womaniser before he gave up dating and settled down with Perry in 2010, said he is always "diligently monogamous" when he is in a relationship, reported Contactmusic.
"When I`m in a relationship I`m diligently monogamous and stick to the principles agreed on within that relationship. You`ve got to, I think. But it`s going to be hard if I go into a monogamous relationship.
"I live a life where I have a lot of freedom, so if I meet someone and I go, `Right let`s be monogamous`. But I tried it and I loved it. I really think she`s a lovely beautiful person (Perry). It`s just hard isn`t it? She`s got a lot of options, I`ve got a lot of options, so you`ve got to really, really want it (to make marriage work)...," he said.
The couple`s marriage did not last long and they were divorced last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast