Ian McKellen to conduct Patrick Stewart`s wedding
New York: Veteran actor Ian McKellen will conduct the wedding of his friend Patrick Stewart and the actor`s fiancee, jazz singer Sunny Ozell.
The 73-year-old actor will officiate at the ceremony between his friend and `X-Men` costar and Ozell, when they tie the knot in Masachusetts, reported USA Today.
"I`m going to marry Patrick Stewart. I am going to officiate at his wedding. In Massachusetts, in the middle of America somewhere, you get a friend along, and I read out the words, and Sunny and Patrick will then be married," McKellen said.
The British actor revealed it won`t be the first time he has officiated at such a service.
"I`ve done it once before with two guys having a civil partnership. I was crying my eyes out. I wore a white gown which I bought in India. You mustn`t upstage the bride."
Massachusetts` Secretary of Commonwealth offers a service that allows a family friend or relative to perform a couple`s wedding ceremony for a fee of USD 25.
Patrick, 72, and Sunny, 35, have been dating since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Sanjay Dutt's adorable scooter ride with wife Maanayata and kids - See pic
- TV dude Karan Wahi is dating Jinita Sheth!
- Preity Zinta finally talks about dating her husband Gene Goodenough!
- Former 'Bigg Boss' contestants Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao get ENGAGED!
- Barack - Michelle Obama’s expression of love will give you relationship goals – See PICS