It’s been a year since Saif, Kareena embraced matrimony
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor’s wedding rituals were simple but it was indeed one of Bollywood’s big fat weddings of all times.
The girl from Hindi Cinema’s first family exchanged wedding vows with the Nawab of Pataudi in a ceremony attended by a few family members. The high profile couple of Bollywood made their wedlock official, as they opted for a registry marriage. Along with Karisma (Kareena`s elder sister), the other three primary witnesses were Randhir and Babita Kapoor as well as Saif`s mother Sharmila Tagore.
After the registry marriage, the couple came out to wave at the crowd waiting outside the wedding venue, as man and wife. Saif who had worn a grey kurta looked dashing while Kareena wore a green salwar-kurta with a heavy embellished red dupatta wrapped around her. She teamed it up with minimal jewelry, red bangles and left her hair open.
The wedding celebrations spread over 5 days with Mehendi, Sangeet rituals prior to the registry marriage and a grand reception in Mumbai followed by another one in Delhi. The wedding celebrations of actors culminated in a gala Mughal-themed reception called the Dawat-e-Walima, in the National capital with political bigwigs and Bollywood who`s who in attendance.
Here’s wishing Saifeena a very happy wedding anniversary and a lifetime of togetherness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi