It's official! Men are biggest liars
London: A new study has recently revealed that men lie more than women.
It was found that the reasons for lying also differ with gender. While women avoid being honest to spare someone from feeling hurt or upset and men tend to fib to save money or win an argument, the Daily Star reported.
A spokesman for a financial comparison site said that men were more prone to stretch a lie than women, with the average man fibbing, or leaving out the truth four times a week.
Men are also more likely to be deceitful to get someone else out of trouble, get them something they want or make themselves look good. It also emerged that people of all genders are most likely to lie by saying "I'm fine" when they are unhappy, pretending to like a gift or talking about how much something cost.
It was also established that 42 percent said being dishonest has got them into trouble with 27 percent admitted they lost friends over it. It also emerged that 17 percent of Brits have lied to or misled insurance companies in order to get cover or while making a claim, with 25 percent of those admitting they completely lied on their application.
Other occasions Brits are most likely to lie included; amount of alcohol they have drank, job interview, smoking, damaging an item, complimenting someone, household chores among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Befikre movie review: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer struggles hard to recreate Aditya Chopra magic
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Birthday Special: 10 times Dino Morea proved 'age is just a number'!
- I stress, worry, get nervous: Vaani Kapoor
- Sonakshi Sinha wishes 'Happy Birthday' popsy to Shatrughan Sinha, posts adorable PIC
- Karanvir Bohra's wifey Teejay Sidhu shares latest pic of her newborn and it's so adorable!
- Anushka Sharma-Virat Kohli's latest photos will restore your faith in love!
- Bad relationship leads to poor sleep – Read more
- Here’s the secret to happy married life
- Unbelievable! Only single men buy sex? No, here’s the truth