James Gandolfini`s ex-fiance Lora Somoza denies reports he wanted to leave wife for her
New York: James Gandolfini`s ex-fiance Lora Somoza has rubbished reports that the late `Sopranos` star wanted to leave his wife, Deborah Lin, for her.
The 44-year-old sex therapist told Inside Edition that she spoke with the married actor on the phone two weeks before he died of a heart attack, the New York Post reported.
She explained that both of them were nothing more than good friends and denied the recent reports that said that Gandolfini was still in love with her and begged for reconciliation.
Somoza said in an emotional interview that she congratulated him on his new baby girl and he sounded really good.
She also said that she was happy that he felt like he had found a woman in his life that made him happy and that he was in a good place.
Somoza added that the actor was happily married and she too was happy with somebody else.
Gandolfini met Lora in 2000 when she was an assistant to the director on the set of his film, `The Mexican`.
They got engaged in 2003 but broke it off in 2005 after Somoza moved away to care for her grandmother, who was suffering from Alzheimers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!